Reading is, by far, my favourite way to learn and reflect on ideas. The themes I invested more in over 2022 include leadership, technology, organizational design and company culture.
- The Messy middle - Scott Belsky
- The 4 Disciplines of execution - Chris McChesney, Sean Covey, Jim Huling
- The power of a positive no - William Ury
- The art of Leadership: Small things, done well - Michael Loop
- The ultimate data and AI guide - Alexander Thamm, Michael Gramlich, Alexander Borek, Ronald van Loon
- The fearless organization - Amy C. Edmondson
- Decisive - Chip Heath, Dan Heath
These two books stood out on the list:
The Power of a Positive No
Behind every no, there’s a yes, something we are protecting, or other things we are willing to say yes to. The ability to explain the reasons behind a no, together with an alternative is critical to move forward and achieve a meaningful agreement. And This book is a gem.
The Art of Leadership
One of the best books about Technology Leadership I’ve ever read. Many books focus on the practices and activities; this gives insights into the why, the mindset, and the tradeoff you need to take. If you are in a technology leadership role, get this book.